Note: This article applies to Emgage products deployed to SharePoint On-Premises only.
To migrate a Prime Menu from one environment (Development) to another (Production) please follow the provided steps:
- Go to SharePoint Management Shell.
- Run (Get-spfarm).Id
- Grab the farm ID from both the farms using above powershell command.
- Not down the ID for both the farms.
- Once you have both ID's, production and development, go into SQL and past the following Query statement and execute.Make sure to select Prime Settings database before running the query.
/****** Script for SelectTopNRows command from SSMS ******/
--Select query to get the data
SELECT TOP 1000 [WebID]
Where SettingID like '%AteraPrime.Prime635.MegaMenuID_%'
- The above sql command will give list of entries for all the Mega menus available in a farm.
- Copy the entries and then paste them in the other farm database(production).
- Replace the SourceFarmId which will be your source farm's id and DestFarmId be your destination farm's id which we got from the above powershell command.
- Run this command to update Source Farm ID with the Destination Farm Id for the SettingID column.
declare @sourceFarmId varchar(max)
set @sourceFarmId = '<SourceFarmId>'
declare @destFarmId varchar(max)
set @destFarmId = '<DestFarmId>'
set SettingID = REPLACE(SettingID,@sourceFarmId , @destFarmId)
where SettingID like '%AteraPrime.Prime635.MegaMenuID_'+@sourceFarmId+'%'
- Run this command to update Source Farm ID with the Destination Farm Id for the WebID column.
set WebID = REPLACE(WebID,@sourceFarmId, @destFarmId)
where WebID like '%'+@sourceFarmId+'%' and SettingID like '%AteraPrime.Prime635.MegaMenuID_'+@sourceFarmId+'%'
Note: If you would like to perform the same operation for the Global Navigation menu, you will need to change AteraPrime.Prime635.MegaMenuID_ to AteraPrime.Prime635.MegaMenuID_Global_