This is for releases of Emgage Products prior to 2016. All new versions of the Emgage Products have a different set of connection strings. Please follow this article for all brand new versions.
TODO: Add article for current version.
Error messages for the Mega Menu, Header or Footer are displayed because of reconfigured or missing Emgage databases This article explains the steps that need to be taken in order to connect the Emgage databases to your environment. If the database does not have the correct connection strings in place, in the web.config of the server, an error messages will be displayed when trying to customize the Mega Menu, Header and Footer. Here is a screen shot of the error.
Updating the Connection Strings:
- Go to your Desktop on your web front end server then right click on a blank space, and select New > Text Document.
Rename the document to CN.udl and select Yes on the resulting "Are you sure you want to change it?" alert.
- Double click that file and it will open as shown below. If it opens in a text editor, first confirm that the file extension has been changed to .udl, then right click on the file, select Open with..., and select OLE DB Core Services.
- Provide all details as shown in a screen shot below. (NoteUsername: primeSettingsUser. Please contact Emgage Support for the password.
- Click Test Connection.
- If the connection is successful, a Test connection succeeded message will display. If the connection is not successful, please confirm that the server name is correct and at the User name and Password do not contain errors. (Note: The server name must be the same name as the actual server; Instances will not work.)
- Select OK, and then Yes in the resulting alert.
- Right click on the CN.udl file and open it using Notepad.
- You will now see a connection string for the ateraLicenseUser.
- Copy the text starting from Password till the end.
- Go to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories. (web.config)
- Select the folder corresponding to your web application.
- Make a backup of the web.config.
- Open the web.config file using Notepad.
- Search for the tag <connectionstrings>.
- Replace a connection string for the AteraPrimeLicensing with the newly generated connection string from the above steps.
Here, we will replace everything contained within the double quotes following the text "connectionString=" with what we have copied for the CN.udl file. When updated, the connection string will look as follows (the bold portion is what was copied from the CN.udl file):
<add name="AteraPrimeLicensing" connectionString="Password=yourpassword;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=ateraLicenseUser;Initial Catalog=AP_LicenseManagement;Data Source=SERVERNAME" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
- Login to your site and confirm the Product Licensing page is available by navigating to Site settings > Product Licensing (found under the Emgage Settings heading).
- Repeat this process for the web.config of all web applications on all WFE’s using Emgage products (Prime, Turbo, or Turbo View).