The Feedback widget allows you to easily collect feedback from users. Typically, users do not have a way of conveying their thoughts on how their experience can be improved. With the Feedback widget, you can learn more about your users and their experiences. The Feedback Widget is located on the left side of the page, below the Calendar widget.
Requirements and Activation
The Feedback widget requires that the Prime master page has been applied before use. For a step-by-step guide on how to setup your site with the Prime master page please review the Site Master Page Setup section in the Post Install Configuration article.
To activate the Feedback widget feature on your site collection (this has most likely already been done) navigate to Site settings > Site collection features and choose to Activate the "Emgage | Prime Feedback Widget."
Now it's time to connect the Feedback widget to a Feedback List of your choice, and to supply a message for display on successful Feedback submission. On feature activation, a list named "Atera Prime | Feedback List" was automatically add to the Site Contents of the root site of your site collection. We recommend connecting the Feedback widget to this list.
- Click the Feedback tab to slide open the Feedback widget.
- Click the Feedback Settings gear icon located at the lower left corner of the open Feedback widget. Note that only members of the "Site Collection Administrators" group will have access to the Feedback Settings gear icon and be able to configure the Feedback widget. If you are not a member of the "Site Collection Administrators" group, please ask your Site Collection Administrator to complete the following configuration steps.
- You will be redirected to the Feedback widget configuration page. Select the Feedback List where you would like user feedback to be stored. Note that a workflow could be set up on this list to notify appropriate individuals when feedback items are submitted. Next add a Submission Message which will display after a user successfully submits a feedback item. Click on OK when finished. The Feedback widget has now been successfully configured!
- Clicking on the Feedback tab will slide open the Feedback form.
- Select an option from the options menu located below the "Select a Category" title.
- Add a detailed feedback message in the text area located below the "Your Feedback" title.
- When finished, click the Submit button. After your feedback has been submitted, a confirmation message will display.
- To close the feedback tab, click the Done button.
- If you'd like to submit additional feedback, repeat steps 1 - 5.