1. Create Databases
- Go to your Azure Management site (here in referred to as "azure site") and click the NEW button at bottom of the page to create a new tenants database.
- Provide required field values for the tenant database and click Create SQL Database. Name your database "PrimeProdTenants", but you may choose another name if you wish.
- Follow this same process for creating the Settings database
2. Create Storage Account
- Go to azure site and click on NEW button at bottom of the page and click Data Services and select Storage Account.
- Provide required field values and click Create Storage Account.
3. Create Azure Site
- Go to azure site and click on NEW button at bottom of the page to create new web app.
- Provide required field values and click Create Web APP.
- Create sub folder hierarchy/site to deploy azure code
- Go to Web App and Select the newly created web application
- Select Configure section as shown in image below
- Scroll down and navigate to the Virtual applications and directories section.
- Generate all the paths as listed below.
/ site\wwwroot /calendar site\calendar site\facebook /look-n-feel site\look-n-feel /news site\news /perks /perks /stocks site\stocks /stylizer site\stylizer /tasks site\tasks site\twitter /video-player site\video-player /weather site\weather
4. Generate ClientId and Client Secret key
- Navigate to https://your-sharepoint-tenancy.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/appregnew.aspx (replace “your-sharepoint-tenancy” with the URL to your sharepoint.com site).
- Click the Generate buttons next to the Client Id and Client Secret text boxes to fill them in automatically.
- In the Title text box, enter the value Emgage | Prime (or some other value that will help you to identify the Prime 365 apps that will be installed).
- In the App Domain text box, enter the URL value of newly generated azure site in above Step 3.you cannot alter it in future.
- In the Redirect URL add the url for the redirect app. If you added app domain as "www.contoso.com" then Redirect URL must be "https://www.contoso.com/"
- Click the Create button.
- Do not close the browser window until you have copied and pasted both the Client Id and Client Secret and saved it. After closing the browser window, you will no longer be able to obtain the Client Secret and will have to delete the existing registration & repeat these steps to obtain a new one. Be sure to copy the full and complete text of both values and send it over to Emgage.
5. Deploy Product Components
- Deployment of Tenant and Settings database scripts into the newly created tenant and settings databases.
- Add ClientId and Client Secret key and database connection string entry in the Tenant Database
- Deployment of azure code in the azure site created in above Step 3.
6. Generate SharePoint Apps and Deploy in App Catalog
Once Emgage receives Client ID and Secret Key generated in above steps, we will generate SharePoint Apps according to the ClientID. These apps needs to be deployed into the SharePoint App Catalog.You can follow this article to deploy this apps to the SharePoint app catalog.
7. Add Emgage Apps to Your Site(s)
Once all the above steps are completed, you can follow this article to validate Emgage Apps by adding them to a site.
8. Validate the Apps
Once an app in added in a site, you can follow this article to see how you can validate an app by adding on a page.