Pre-Requisites to use the failover database
User must have configured the failover partner server to successfully use this functionality.
- Fail Over Server Name field is an optional field.If user wanted to avail this facility they need to enter a FailOver server sql server name in a text box provided as per the screenshot.
- There is only one validation for the Fail Over Server Name field is both the Database Server Name and Fail Over Server Name cannot be same.
- Special characters except \ is not allowed in a textbox for the Fail Over Server Name.
- When a user enters user name and its password in Username and Password fields, they are only validated against the Primary Database Server Name not the FailOver Server Name.
- When User clicks on create database button a Connection String entry is added in Web.Config file with the new attribute of FailOver Partner which will point to the FailOver Server Name.
- If Fail Over Server Name field is blank then the attribute of FailOver Partner will be removed.